I recently had the honor of being awarded a Versatile Blogger award by April Pilgrim of the Schmiddle Ages blog. I became aware of April’s blog through WordPress’s Writing 101 course. After reading some of the posts she wrote for our daily writing assignments I decided to follow her blog. She is truly a great example of a versatile blogger. Her post categories include recipes, gardening tips, meditations on life, short stories and essays, and much more. Check it out for yourself!
I’m not sure how much versatility I have demonstrated on this particular blog but I guess when you combine this blog with my personal blog, then there is a variety of content for my readers. Over the last couple of months I have grown my list of followers on both blogs and I’m so happy to have you all here. I’m thankful for each and every follower, every like and every comment. I hope you continue reading and commenting, and most of all, I hope you like the pictures I’ve posted here. Lately most of my posts here have been in response to the Weekly Photo Challenges and I will try to do a better job of checking out what you have all posted for these as well. There are some amazing photographers on WordPress!
As a recipient of the Versatile Blogger award, I’m supposed to follow the following rules:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present other deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
Having taken care of #1 and #2, here are my nominees and links to their sites:
And now a little more about me:
- I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia, recently declared by the Washington Post as hip.
- In the fall and spring I spend much of time shooting little soccer players (with my camera, of course).
- I took guitar lessons as a teenager but quit because my teacher just wanted to play classical music. Now I’m content with listening to my talented husband play.
- Born and raised in Panama City, Panama, I spent my early childhood years in the jungles of Darien and my high school years in the former Canal Zone.
- Currently considering where to call home next. Open to suggestions!
- I must confess I’ve taken and posted selfies on Instagram. Yes, I’m one of those. Trying to quit.
- I’m seriously craving home-made mac & cheese right now. Must make some soon!
Thanks for reading and hope you check out the bloggers on my list!